Thursday 24 January 2013

Try Before You Buy

The amount of times that I have bought a foundation in Boots, taken it home and then realised that in the natural light that it's completely the wrong shade... well, I've lost count. I think that's the same with a lot of products and so I come onto the topic of this post...

Samples!

The first few times I asked for a sample, I felt a bit guilty. Like I was just scamming them into giving me a few freebies (I'm a student, I have no shame when it comes to freebies and especially coupons, I'm not even going to try to hide it!) but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to just ASK! 

I'm developing a slightly more expensive taste in products, just because I'm coming to realise that sometimes, it's worth the extra in terms of quality, but also how long a product lasts. But before I take the plunge and shell out a mini fortune on something, I think it's only fair to ask for a sample before hand.

I think this is really for important people to be aware of and know that they can ask for a 'try before you buy' and not feel pressured into buying something on the spot. Take for example foundation as my top example. The lighting in stores is horrendous and you should always test your colour match in the natural light, but you can't do this without taking the product out of the store, and taking it home. Your skin also has to adapt to new products and sometimes you need to try something out over the space over a few days to make up your mind.

Recently, I went to overcome this exact problem. I wanted to try out the infamous yves saint laurent le teint touche éclat foundation, but instead of going in to Boots and coming out with a foundation I had no guarantee with, the lovely lady who matched me gave me a seven day sample and I can confirm, that it has in fact lasted me more than seven days and I think I may have found my first true foundation love. 

Origins have also gone up a notch or two in my books after I was caught lusting over the Drink-Up Intensive which is on my wish list. But instead of pushing for a sale, the woman gave me a small pot and suggested I fill it up with whatever I like, take it home and see how I get on. How nice? THAT'S what makes me want to go back, and that's why I could so easily spend my whole day in Boots talking to all these lovely people about skin care and all things make up.

So moral of this post? 

Try before you buy.

I promise you that you will not regret it, and you will 100% feel more satisfied putting your hard earned money into something you can guarantee will work for you and give you the results that will keep you repurchasing.  

mbp
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment