Thursday 24 January 2013

Face It.

I know this is such a well covered kind of blog post, but I love seeing what products other people use in their everyday make up because I like having a look at what people have made their go to and couldn't live without products.
That, and I'm a bit nosey haha

So, I think it's only fair that as I've been having a good old nose at what other people have been putting on their faces, it's only fair that I share the contents of my make up bag too.

  
To kick off, I will admit to not having a proper foundation at the moment. As I type that it sounds a bit strange because I think foundation is probably top dog in my make up bag, but let me explain. I banged on about samples in this post and as you can see, I practise what I preach! That tiny little sample is of yves saint laurent le teint touche éclat foundation is a seven day tester and believe it or not, it's lasting me way over the seven days AND I'm using plenty to give me a good coverage! 
If that doesn't scream 'winning foundation' I don't know what does and I will definitely be purchasing a full size soon... right after I've sampled Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation too, just to satisfy my curiosity!

Next is by far the best foundation brush that has ever graced my face. I use to use the mac foundation brush, but Real Technique's Face Brush now has a place in my heart and I can't see it budging any time soon. It gives a more airbrushed a natural look to your foundation and I really can't fault it even down to price. It's beautiful and I would recommend it over and over again.

I'm a little ashamed of my next two, as they are a little old and I think I need to update on the blusher and blusher brush front. But, these two have worked so well for me for so long that I just can't really bring myself to part with them just yet. Some of you may not even recognise the packaging of this mac blusher because it is a tinyyy bit old, but it has two tones that suit my skin tone so well with one having a little bit of shimmer that gives a nice healthy glow. 

Eyebrows have been a big thing for a while now, and I think it's really important to be careful when tackling the brow issue. Some girls like the more 'drawn on' look whilst others go for a more natural approach. I'm on the natural side of things, and so I use my brow palette to fill and give a bit more definition. The shape of your brows can define your face and it's amazing what a bit of maintenance can do! Benefits Brow Tingz is a complete must have for me, and I love the cute little tweezers that come with it too!

Keeping with the Benefit theme is 'They're Real!' mascara which is the UK's number one at the moment and to be fair, I can kind of see why. I don't use eyeliner all the time, so I depend on my mascara to give me a bit of definition and flutter! There's no disputing that it's an absolute beaut mascara, but there is one slight down side...
Taking it off!
The only make up remover that will make this little stunner budge is good old Bioderma, and so if you're relying on a normal facial wash, be prepared for a good old scrub to get it off!

Last is a bit of a boring one, but I wouldn't be caught dead without my Blistex. I suddenly got really dry lips at the very beginning of the uni year in September and no amount of Carmex or Dr Harris would give me smooth healthy lips again. A friend recommended Blistex to me, and I haven't looked back. I like to smear this on just before I go to bed so that I wake up with super soft lips in the morning, and then apply through out my day as and when I need it. 



   




No comments:

Post a Comment